DPS & PCC Registration of Complaints:
- District Public Safety & Public Complaints Cells are present in districts to facilitate public grievance/complaints regarding police.
- Application received in the office of DPS & PCC is needed and dairy Number is given.
- The application is put up before the Commission for scrutiny.
- Once it is ascertained that police excess is involved in the case, then the fact finding Enquiry Committee is constituted comprising at least two members i.e. is Chairman and a member.
- In an enquiry local police is called and at the same time the applicant is given an opportunity to substantiate the allegations contained in the application. The other party, against whom allegation imposed is summoned, is heard.
- The report is compiled by the DPS & PCC, whether allegations are correct or not, and District Police Officer is informed accordingly for departmental action.
- If the case is found incorrect then the DPS & PCC gives direction for cancellation of the case.
- In case, the police do not register the case (FIR), but the occurrence is proved the DPS & PCC, Session Court or High Court can issue directives to police to register the case (FIR).